The Global Esports Federation has laid out its first five initial objectives going into 2020 as follows, including the exciting plan to create and launch the annual flagship Global Esports Games in 2020. Watch the space!
1. Encourage and support the establishment of National Esports Federations with a set of relevant standards, guidelines, and regulations;
2. Establish an athlete commission, with a focus on athlete well-being, development of standards for fair play, career support, and education to ensure safe, doping free, and ethically compliant practices;
3. Convene and stage esports competitions, conventions, fora, and development programmes;
4. Development of world class governance structures and guidelines for the Global Esports Federation; and;
5. Create, develop, and stage the annual flagship Global Esports Games, with the first Games to be staged in 2020.